Have you noticed a light flash on your dashboard and are wondering what it means? As you drive around Lewistown, State College, and Bellefonte, PA, your Chevy Trax is able to keep you apprised of your vehicle’s condition thanks to its dashboard lights.
To help you understand what your Trax is trying to tell you when you see any particular dashboard light, The Lake Dealerships team has made this helpful guide for you.
Dashboard Warning Lights
Your Chevy Trax is able to make you aware of any issue or malfunction as soon as it detects one, so you can take care of it before it becomes a more serious problem. It does this by sending you visual alerts on the dashboard, such as:
- Charging System Light: This dashboard light, which looks like a battery, comes on when there’s an issue with your electrical charging system. It’s best to have the charging system checked as soon as possible, so you don’t drain your battery.
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp: This light looks like a car engine and can come on for multiple reasons. If you do see this on your dashboard, it’s time to bring your car in for service to see what the exact issue is.
- Power Steering Warning Light: This particular light looks like a steering wheel with an exclamation point next to it. You’ll want to have your Chevy Trax serviced immediately if this light stays on.
- Engine Oil Pressure Light: This light, which looks like an old oil can, comes on when there’s either low oil levels or the oil is not flowing properly through the engine. When you do see this light, have your Trax serviced to see if it’s time for an oil change.
Any time you see one of these warning lights appear on your dashboard, just bring your Trax by our service center and our trained technicians will be able to fix whatever the issue is.
There are also Chevy Trax dashboard lights that signify certain systems are either on or off. These lights don’t require you to have your car serviced, but they’re helpful to know, so you’re aware of the performance of your vehicle.
- High-Beam On Light: When your high-beam headlamps are on, you’ll see a shaded picture of your headlight icon.
- Front Fog Lamp Light: This light is on when the front fog lamps are being used.
- Cruise Control Light: When your cruise control is on and ready, you’ll see an odometer icon on your dashboard. Then, once it’s set and active, it’ll turn green.
Other indicator lights are there to let you know when other systems, like traction control, are currently engaged, so you can stay informed about your vehicle’s performance at all times.
Schedule Car Service
If you see any warning lights appear on the dashboard of your Chevy Trax while driving around Lewistown, State College, or Bellefonte, Pennsylvania, just swing on by our service center. Contact us now at The Lake Dealerships and have our trained technicians help fix whatever issue your Trax is experiencing.