The Ford Fusion is a capable sedan that needs to be regularly cared for to last the years and miles. This can be done through routine maintenance at The Lake Dealerships Service Center.
See how our dealership helps keep Ford Fusion models throughout Lewistown, State College, and Bellefonte in tip-top shape. Plus, if you find that your Fusion needs service, contact us to make an appointment.
Ford Fusion Maintenance: Every Month
There are certain items that’ll need to get checked every month to ensure the quality of your vehicle’s performance. These are the:
- Engine oil level
- Function of all interior and exterior lights
- Tires, including the spare, for wear and proper pressure
- Windshield washer fluid levels
Ford Fusion Maintenance: Every 6 Months
Every six months will require a check on other items in your Fusion. They include:
- Battery connections (clean if necessary)
- Cooling system fluid level and coolant strength
- Parking brake for proper operation.
- Safety belts and seat latches for wear and function
- Safety warning lamps (brake, ABS, airbag and safety belt) for operation
Every 10,000 Miles
About every 10,000 miles (or roughly 12 months), your vehicle will go through an extensive multi-point inspection. The following is what will get done during this mileage check:
- Change engine oil and filter
- Rotate tires, inspect tire wear, and measure tread depth
- Inspect automatic transmission fluid level
- Inspect brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums, brake linings, hoses and parking brake
- Inspect engine cooling system and motor/electronics cooling system strength and hoses
- Inspect exhaust system and heat shields
- Inspect half-shaft boots
- Inspect steering linkage, ball joints, suspension, and tie rod-ends
- Inspect wheels and related components for abnormal noise, wear, looseness, or drag
Every 20,000 & 30,000 Miles
The 20,000- and 30,000-mileage checks will get the same inspection as the 10,000-mile mark. The only difference is at 20,000 miles, you’ll need to get the cabin air filter replaced. And at 30,000 miles, the engine air filter will need to be replaced.
Every 100,000 & 150,000 Miles
The checks for your Ford Fusion will continue the same way until you hit the 100,000-mile mark. If your vehicle continues to run at this milestone, you’ve done a great job at keeping up with the necessary maintenance.
At 100,000 miles, not only will you need to get everything above done, but you’ll also need to replace the spark plugs and change the engine coolant and motor/electronics coolant.
At 150,000 miles, everything including the 100,000-mile inspection will need to be performed. You’ll also need to have the automatic transmission fluid changed.
Schedule Maintenance for Your Ford Fusion Today
To keep your Ford Fusion lasting as long as possible, be sure to follow the routine maintenance schedule above and take it to our service center near Lewistown, State College, and Bellefonte. Our highly trained certified Ford technicians have years of experience working on all types of Ford models in a state-of-the-art service center. No job is too big or too small, and they use only genuine Ford parts to get your Fusion running like new.
To get maintenance done on your Fusion, schedule a service appointment at The Lake Dealerships today!