2017 Ford Escape Review
Hiking, fishing, camping, hunting, cycling, swimming, kayaking—these are just some of the many thrilling outdoor adventures you can have around Lewistown, State College, Bellefonte, or Port Matilda.
However, if you want to explore, you’ll need an SUV that can take you to wherever the action is—along with your family, your friends, and all your equipment. Introducing the 2017 Ford Escape.
Our team at The Lake Dealerships created this Ford Escape review so that you can get a better sense of how this SUV could enhance your lifestyle.
The 2017 Ford Escape offers three powerful engine options to fuel your adventure.
- 2.5-liter i-VCT: 168 horsepower, 170 lb-ft of torque, intake variable cam timing technology for boosted performance and efficiency.
- 1.5-liter EcoBoost®: 179 horsepower, 177 lb-ft of torque, automatic start-stop technology that optimizes fuel consumption.
- 2.0-liter Twin-Scroll: 245 horsepower, 275 lb-ft of torque, twin-scroll turbo design for torque delivery on demand.
This 2017 Ford Escape also features several high-tech systems to keep you safe and entertained while you’re driving.
In terms of safety, Collision Warning with Brake Support will notify you if it detects an impending forward collision. It’ll even increase brake sensitivity and responsiveness so that you’re in the best position to avoid an accident. The available Lane-Keeping System will alert you if you’re starting to drift out of your lane (without engaging your turn signal). It even has a Lane-Keeping Aid mode that can deliver emergency steering torque to help you get back on track.
And in terms of entertainment, the available SYNC® 3 system puts smartphone-esque possibilities in the palm of your hand—or, rather, in the sound of your voice. This voice-activated software lets you control music, phone calls, navigation, third-party applications, and more, all without taking your eyes off the road, your hands off the wheel, or your attention off driving.
2017 Ford Escape – Capability
Not only is the Ford Escape powerful, protective, and positively entertaining, but it’ll do everything that you need it to as well. Here’s an overview of this SUV’s many capabilities.
- Available Intelligent 4WD System that monitors front and rear traction and transfers torque accordingly.
- A 3,500-pound maximum towing capacity, when equipped with the 2.0-liter EcoBoost® and Class II Tow package.
- 60/40 split rear seat backs that allow you to customize your cargo room.
- 34 cubic feet of cargo space with all the seats in place.
- 68 cubic feet of maximum cargo space with all the seats folded down.
Additionally, it has available roof rack side rails that let you transport gear such as bicycles or surfboards, and an electric parking brake that looks cool and is a blast to operate.
Schedule Your Test Drive at The Lake Dealerships
Do you live in Lewistown, State College, Bellefonte, or Port Matilda?
Are you interested in test driving the 2017 Ford Escape?
If so, reach out to us at The Lake Dealerships. Just call us or stop by our showroom to schedule your test drive today!