2018 Ford F-150 Review
The Ford F-150 has long been the reigning champ in the light-duty pickup realm and last year’s transition from steel to aluminum gained it even more momentum. What’s in store for the forthcoming 2018 F-150?
For 2018, a refreshed outer design, new technology features, and—drumroll, please—the model’s first-ever diesel engine option dial up the F-150’s capability in a big way.
To learn more about the new 2018 Ford F-150’s anticipated changes, truck shoppers in State College, Bellefonte, and Port Matilda can consult the following sneak peek review, brought to you by The Lake Dealerships in Lewistown.
2018 Ford F-150: Design
With the 2018 Ford F-150’s model overhaul comes a noteworthy facelift. The new F-150 is still instantly recognizable with its bold front grille and electric-looking headlights, and both elements stand out even more for 2018. There’s also:
- New two-bar grille that takes cues from the Super Duty series.
- Updated headlight design with more LED coverage.
One final update? The newly embossed tailgate stamped with the F-150 logo challenges onlookers to make no mistake: This is an F-150.
Diesel at Long Last
Incredibly durable, efficient, and strong, it’s no secret that diesel engines can’t be out-beat for towing, hauling, and everyday trucking. Now, America’s most popular pickup features a truck’s most popular engine!
While Ford has yet to release official specs on the brand-new 3L Power Stroke® turbodiesel or its revised 2018-year engines, they’ve stated that the F-150’s new engine battalion will be the F-150’s strongest yet and could top last year’s 12,200-pound towing maximum.
Let’s look at a few more engine aspects:
- All-new 3.3L V6 replaces the previous standard 3.5L V6 (282 horsepower).
- Revised EcoBoost® 2.7L V6 (previous 325 horsepower).
- Revised 5.0L V8 (previous 385 horsepower).
Taking a look at the 2017 model versions’ power stats and keeping in mind Ford’s statements to surpass them, we can’t wait to see what bigtime towing and payload numbers these new engines will be capable of.
New Ford Truck Technology
To round out changes under the hood and at first glance, the 2018 Ford F-150 sports newly available technology features that make staying calm, cool, and connected a behind-the-wheel reality.
- Adaptive Cruise Control allows you to cruise with more peace of mind thanks to sensors that automatically stop the truck when open stretches meet traffic.
- For luxury-level listening quality, the F-150 will offer the premium Bang & Olufsen Stereo System on upper trims.
- Don’t go roaming while you’re on the road. Ford will now offer an available Wi-Fi Hotspot in the F-150 to ensure a secure internet connection wherever you travel.
The Countdown to the 2018 Ford F-150 is On
With impressive new engines, inspiring technology, and a fierce new look, the 2018 Ford F-150 is shaping up to be a truly extraordinary full-size pickup.
If you want to be one of the first to test drive the Ford F-150 when it hits The Lake Dealerships’ Lewistown lot in the fall, get in touch with us today.